Riverrun Lodge is located on a 500 acre riverside property 5 minutes drive (5 kms) from Wanaka township, just far enough from town for peace and a beautiful setting, but close enough to sample restaurants, shops and galleries.
Wanaka lies at a crossroads between east and west, close up against the Southern Alps. It is a region long known to New Zealanders for its sunny, dry summers. The geography is impressive, with two lakes, Lake Wanaka and Hawea, a backdrop of mountains and beautiful rivers. The town is on the edge of one of New Zealand's largest wilderness regions, Mt Aspiring National Park.
- Queenstown - 1 hour via Crown Range
- Fox/Franz Josef Glaciers - 4-4 1/2 hours
- Te Anau/Manapouri - 3 1/2 hours
- Mt Cook - 2 hours
- Dunedin - 3 1/2 hours
- Christchurch (via Tekapo) - 5 hours
- Christchurch international airport
- Queenstown domestic and international airport
Use the Get Directions box at the foot of the map below or download a PDF page with directions for Riverrun here